Saturday, October 24, 2015

MH4U: The Solo Battle Against Level 140 Monsters! (Rajang, Teostra, Shagaru Magala)

This month after doing hundreds of online high level guild quests, I got myself probably one of the most useful GS that I could ever get and it's served me well against these monsters. To make things better I also got a talisman that just puts the icing on top of my well-done steaa---- errr, cake!


The Miracle Talisman I got by the way is Focus+3, Attack+14 OOO

I always had trouble soloing 140 monsters, I was kind of depressed and lost confidence in my solo hunting because I always wanted to take on challenges but seeing that I was being mopped on the floor by the strongest and highest level of monsters, it took its toll on me and I took like a two week break from playing MH4U.

(By solo I mean no Felynes/Palicos)


Awesome Talisman!
After getting back to hunting, I went to hunt online and got myself the GS and talisman. I thought to myself "Yeah, these are pretty powerful, I'll have to try it out on the toughest monsters possible". So I took a shot at the 140 Rajang that I had on my quest list, and to my surprise I finished the quest under 20 minutes or to be precise it was 19 minutes and 20 seconds.

This was a good quest time for me because I usually do this quest at around 33 minutes, and this GS didn't even have the right element which means it could've been done faster! Well not as fast as those MH4G players that do this in like under 9 minutes but nevertheless it's still an awesome GS.

I was stunned because having these weapons gave me equal grounds on fighting 140 monsters. I was happy, absolutely thrilled and most of all, I got my confidence back. I know this may sound cliche' but never give up. It is possible to solo these guys but it takes time, effort, patience and a lot of water so that you won't burn your head out.

GX mix FTW!
I used my mixed GX Hunter set that gave me some of the most perfect skills for the GS and pair it up with the talisman, it was pretty much one of the most powerful set to make for the GS.

The next monster I tried to solo was the Teostra
which was also 140 and with a bit of practice my fastest time with him was 19 minutes. Another 140 monster done in under 20 minutes! I can finally do these quests without going online! But I still do online by the way cause I like to help others level up their quests from time to time.

140 Teostra almost always one shots you with his normal attacks if you're inflicted with the blast status so watch out for that. I've fought him so many times that I don't even need a timer to know if he's going to go super nova on me when he goes out of rage mode, yep, I fought him that many times!

That's a lot of skills
By the way guys, 140 monsters have three times the base HP of their normal counter part and that's why the quest drags on. It is tedious and infuriating when you fail but it all pays out rewardingly in the end when you do it.

I do a lot of expedition quests to grind for points because leveling relics to its maximum upgraded form takes 30,000 - 40,000 caravan points and while I was grinding for points, I got this 120 Shagaru Magala quest that has a GS/LS bias.

With my new found glory GS I soloed this quest over and over to practice fighting with Shagaru and now it's at level 140. The fastest time I finished the 140 Shagaru Magala was 18 minutes and 32 seconds. They are all possible to compete with solo! Don't worry if you cart a lot because that is part of the training curve that MH4U brings!

Never have doubts in your ability to take down monsters solo! It's just a matter of time! Keep on playing guys and have fun, always have fun! Let's hunt sometimes guys! Happy hunting!
Here's proof

Oh yeah this is the GS I'm mentioning about

No comments:

Post a Comment