Friday, July 31, 2015

MH4U: Guild Quest Shenanigans! (136-140 Rajang Solo Part 4)

I'm quite surprised that it took me 35 minutes to finish this quest because I was using an offensive oriented set using the Star Knight Armor and added a bunch of skills to it.

The last time I took him down was a long time ago but I remember that it was just under 33 minutes with the same CB (Daora's Thwartoise) and back then I didn't even have honed for attack! This just baffles my mind!

Did the monster have more HP? Did he have higher defense with just one level in difference to the previous run? or maybe I just goofed a bit on my level 139 run? I don't really know but I'll try to do it again with my Honed Blade set just to check it out.

These were the armor skills I used:

Sharpness +1
Steady Hand
Rodeo God
Challenger +2
Weakness Exploit
Artillery Novice

These are mean skills if you look at it, maybe I just didn't utilize this on my part and got rusty halfway through the hunt. Challenger +2 is an awesome skill because Rajang's always angry, angry, angry! So angry that he pulls out a huge chunk of earth and throws it at you.

I fainted once during the whole hunt, got hit with a left hook and there goes all my health instantly. Felyne skills that I ate for was the defender (Hi) which is basically the same as the armor skill Divine Protection.

Used a lot of guard points for his hooks and triple thunder ball because I don't have any Guard/Evasion + skills which for me is totally okay with. Keep that shield in overcharged mode and abuse the guard points' potential!

I always tried to aim for his arms so that he would stumble down and let me get a good super burst on his torso. When I trip him and he goes flailing around when he's in regular mode, I sometimes gamble on using the ultra burst instead of the super, it does a ton of damage but you'll lose your overcharged shield buff.

I recently read in a wiki that the wystones drive and element don't just allow you to hit them without bouncing off and apply elemental/status damage, they also increase the damage it does, like a bonus multiplier.

The drive wystone adds 16% more raw damage whilst the element gives 20% more elemental/status damage. I never knew this up until the time I looked it up, the more you know, the better you'll be!

Took me a lot of tries, about 10 I think? or maybe a bit more than that but nonetheless the level 139 Rajang has now been taken care of and we now move on the maxed out level which is 140! Come join my adventures as I slay the legendary 140  Apex Rajang on my own! Next time! Happy hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment